- Chetan Bhagat is 'joining the Congress' on April 1
- The 2 States author is committing the 'Biggest mistake of his life', as per some
- He's quite unapologetic about his move
Chetan Bhagat has delivered a boon on social media by joining the procession of April Fool's jokes being played on Sunday!
The bestselling author took to Twitter to issue notification of what would have been a blockbuster political move!
"Couldn’t take it anymore. The country needs to be fixed. Joining Congress. Will be supporting their Karnataka campaign. With RG, let’s make a better India. Need your blessings in what is a big move for me."
He's also appended what one would expect to be an official press release, but is anything but!
As you can expect, there are a wide variety of responses to this 'announcement', from those who fell for it as well as those who were wise!
Here are a few (no names mentioned but verbatim):
- "But u have made mistake by joining congress ,how u can support a corrupt party , we were not accepting this from u"
- "Wrong move also unexpected from u .. I have read many articles before u were against them how come just for being into power u r supporting these corrupted party and praising RG who dun even know what India wants ? Think thousand times before u make it officially"
- "Sir, I love the stories u build..just wanna flow with d stories...and not interested in these political stuffs...to me, u r just an author ❤"
- "Unexpected and shocking for many of your fans...Great writer must not indulge in dirty politics.."
- "Suggestion for your next book. THE BIGGEST MISTAKE OF MY LIFE."
- "Nice April Fool Joke 😊😊😊"
- "Chetan Bhai we have stopped being fooled from 2014 😜"
- "Don't joke like this. @divyaspandana will take a screen shot and promote @INCIndia saying Chetan Bhagat is contesting on congress ticket"
- "#HappyJumlaDivas. I used to read your books but have stopped it and do not purchase your books any more. People who support autocratic leadership can't be a role model. Good luck to you."
- "I will unfollow you, Congress ne desh ko bhech Diya aur aap Congress join kar rahe ho, batao modi je acche pm hai ya lalu or Rahul or mulayam. I hate you for joining congress"
- "People's anger on this particular tweet (without opening the attachment) of urs shows their love and connectivity with you sir, u r loved so much not only coz u r a wonderful writer but it is coz u r an excellent human being and TRUE INDIA!! LOVE U BOSS!"
- "2 min silence for those who writing without open the link🤣🤣🤣"
- "One of the best April fool pranks ever, many have fallen for it. But if you wanted everyone to be fooled you should have said you were joining BJP, not a single person would have disbelieved you!"
- "Good luck ! You are a revolutioner in writing may it works in politics ..good for India !!"
- "Wise people too act foolish."
- "Pls join BJP on fools day bcoz it will suit u, joke is appreciated but d reality is way different , hope Karma doesn’t let u one day do d same wat u actually joked abt it !!"
- "It's the last thing any sensible person could expect from a thinkar like you. Unfollowing you. Now. How could you support biologically corrupt party and a leader who is the most ineligible, can't even pronounce things properly, leave alone inspire anyone."
- "@chetan_bhagat Ah! Again made Poor choice... Was @ArvindKejriwal not better than them?"
The 5 Point Someone author also responded to a few people: